How to teach a beginner recorder player:
- play by ear and read music
- produce a beautiful expressive tone
- have excellent posture and hand position
- develop ensemble skills
- recognize the influence of parents / caregivers, and learn to harness that influence for student success
- create a foundation for future independent learning
This material works in both individual lesson and class settings, with beginners as young as 3 years up to adults.
Fifteen hours of combined pedagogy discussion and lesson observations.
Introduction to Suzuki Recorder: $350
- Every Child Can! (ECC!): $150
- if you register for the Introduction AND Every Child Can! at the same time, you receive ECC! at the discounted rate of $80
- or check the SAA website at https://suzukiassociation.org/events/course/ecc/ for alternative times and locations
There is no preliminary audition to participate in Introduction to Suzuki Recorder.
If this taste of Suzuki pedagogy inspires you to want to learn more, there is an audition requirement for the Unit 1 Suzuki Recorder teacher’s class. Optional audition preparation assistance is included with this Introduction class. Audition details available on the SAA site here.
No course planned at the moment. Email me if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org