Every Child Can!© (ECC!)
is an introduction to Dr. Suzuki’s philosophy and its application to Suzuki education.
For parents, teachers, prospective teachers and others, this course provides an inspiring, in-depth look at the Suzuki approach to teaching and learning.
In addition to exploring the elements of the Suzuki approach and its far-reaching goals, it includes an introduction to learning styles, history of the development of Suzuki education, the role of parents, the importance of Suzuki pedagogical training, and an overview of the SAA’s role in supporting teachers and parents. A fast-paced, engaging and inspiring program, ECC includes video materials and SAA-developed courseware, and provides each participant with useful reference materials (manuals) for later study.
For teachers, ECC! serves as the first course in the Suzuki Association of the Americas’ Teacher Development Program.
For parents, ECC! is a prerequisite to registration in the Edmonton Suzuki Flute & Recorder program, and is recommended background before starting lessons in other Suzuki music programs.
*Note: High-School graduation or equivalent and age 18 are requirements for taking ECC!, and all other SAA Teacher Development Courses.
April 15, 22, & 29, 2023
- 8 hour course over three consecutive Saturdays
- 9:30 am – 12:15 pm, Mountain Time, online via Zoom platform (link sent upon registration)
More dates TBA:
- want or need a course on a certain date?
- have a preference for timetabling the 8 hours over a given set of days?
- contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
- now that the course is available on line, there is potential for more flexibility if needed