Every Child Can!© (ECC!)
is an introduction to Dr. Suzuki’s philosophy and its application to Suzuki education.
For parents, teachers, prospective teachers and others, this course provides an inspiring, in-depth look at the Suzuki approach to teaching and learning.
In addition to exploring the elements of the Suzuki approach and its far-reaching goals, it includes an introduction to learning styles, history of the development of Suzuki education, the role of parents, the importance of Suzuki pedagogical training, and an overview of the SAA’s role in supporting teachers and parents. A fast-paced, engaging and inspiring program, ECC includes video materials and SAA-developed courseware, and provides each participant with useful reference materials (manuals) for later study.
For teachers, ECC! serves as the first course in the Suzuki Association of the Americas’ Teacher Development Program.
For parents, ECC! is a prerequisite to registration in the Edmonton Suzuki Flute & Recorder program, and is recommended background before starting lessons in other Suzuki music programs.
*Note: High-School graduation or equivalent and age 17 are requirements for taking ECC!, and all other SAA Teacher Development Courses. (Exception: ECC! may be taken by high-school students who are at least age 17 and are within six months of graduation.)
Registration form links will appear when dates and locations are confirmed.
Fees may vary between locations – check individual registrations forms for fees for a specific course.
October 2 & 3, 2021 – registration for this class is now closed
- 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm, online via Zoom platform (link sent upon registration)
- REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 11 – 20 day limit cut-off on registrations for online classes, in order to allow SAA to send textbooks directly to participants. Sorry, no more last minute registrations!
- Registration link: click here .
More dates TBA:
- want or need a course on a certain date?
- have a preference for timetabling the 8 hours over a given set of days?
- contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
- now that the course is available on line, there is potential for more flexibility if needed